These Bacon Chicken Bites were ridiculously easy and ridiculously delicious.Â Chicken wrapped in bacon tossed in chili brown sugar. These were so good and addictive it made me angry.
This will beÂ thatÂ appetizer your guests will rave about and want the recipe for. Â And best of all you can make them in advance. And it tastes great at room temperature. Always a great thing when entertaining.
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breastsÂ
1 package sliced bacon
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces
- Wrap each piece of chicken with bacon (I cut each bacon strip into 3) secure with toothpick
- Mix brown sugar and chili powder
- Toss bacon wrapped chicken in chili sugar mixture, spread out on baking sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown
The hardest part of this recipe is not eating a dozen of these bites o’ bliss at a time. And resisting the urge to rush out and get double the amount of bacon and make twice as many. Â And oh the heady aroma of chickeny bacon wafting through the house.. just thinking about it makes me want more of this happiness in my mouth.
There were several other great appetizers on offer that day, but these are always first to go.